It’s common for parents to struggle with getting their children to drink green smoothies. There are several green smoothie web sites and raw food parents who have spoken about this topic with some of the following creative suggestions:
- Hide the green color with a fancy cup, maybe one with a lid.
- Use a special smoothie straw.
- Start making smoothies that aren’t green, like a strawberry smoothie. As time progresses, add one leaf, then two leaves. Eventually the kids will understand that the color never detracts from the taste.
- Give the smoothie a creative entertaining name like ‘Power Blaster Drink’ or ‘Green Monster Slurper’
- Make the smoothies “slushy” by adding ice and/or frozen fruit, they think they’re having a Slushee or Icee.
- Tell them it’s a scientific experiment.
- Use green smoothies as a delicious treat.
Via Victoria Boutenko and Raw Family.
Read more: Green Smoothies Blog
Green Smoothies for Kids – Easy Tips for Parents and Children >>